Welcome to the homepage of the traveler!!

Over the past 7.5 years I have been able to do some traveling. There are some people who have traveled way more than I; but I have been to, (in my opinion) several countries within this last 7.5 years. I have had the privilege to go to Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Costa Rica (twice), Nicaragua, Nepal, India, Guatemala, and Canada, Jordan, Israel, Thailand (very short time), S. Korea (very short time), and of course, the U.S.A.

Anyways, as time goes on, I will attempt to be putting up more and more stuff on this blog. Enjoy what I have so far!!!

The Traveler

Thursday, May 30, 2013

LAKESIDE COMMUNITY GARDEN

As all of you know, a couple of years ago, I was part of helping establish a local community garden here.  Last year we had a successful time gardening.  This year 2013 we decided to expand the garden and create more beds for people to use to plant.  With the help of the community we were able to expand the local garden and add around 18-20 extra raised beds which puts us at around 40 raised/elevated beds.  It is amazing to see how the hard work of so many in the community have caused this local garden to grow and expand and be even better established.  All of our beds are being used by locals throughout the city; which is amazing.  Things are going so well that we actually have a small waiting list.  :)  Which is a good problem to have.  I am blessed to be able to be apart of such a wonderful ministry happening here in the valley.  I will hopefully be putting up more photos on another update here in a couple weeks or so.  Enjoy the photos!!
Filling up the beds with aged manure and soil
Me
The Pile
One of my flowers
Me standing at the main entrance to the garden.
Part of the garden








No comments: